Founded in August 2015, Hikma Ventures operates as the corporate venture capital arm of Hikma Pharmaceuticals.
HV will act as an instrument of strategic growth in broadening Hikma’s offerings; it will allow Hikma to tap into opportunities in the growing digital health space.
HV will invest in companies where Hikma's expertise can accelerate revenue growth and enhance value creation by providing ventures with access to the resources of a multinational pharmaceutical company.
We will invest in companies at all stages of development, including start-ups, spinouts, and consortia investments.
Our initial investment size is up to $5 million per round. HV will look at global opportunities but with a focus on the US and the Middle East & Africa (MEA).
We seek to actively partner with the management teams of portfolio companies to realize the potential of their products and technologies.
- Existing strong and capable management teams
- At least one year track record
- Strong business plan
- Preferably revenue-generating
- Intellectual property
- Not necessarily fully developed product but one that is plausible and is commercially viable
- Strategic active investor with strong expertise in the healthcare space
- Streamlined investment process and autonomy to make deals
- Access to Hikma’s strong global footprint, network and distributive channels
- Access to Hikma’s manufacturing, business development, marketing and regulatory experts
- Expertise in the Middle East, North Africa and Emerging Markets